Tuesday 24 December 2013

A special Christmas

It is Christmas time again! We hope you can enjoy some days of rest and joy, reflecting on the true meaning of Christmas!



This year, Christmas is very special for us. It is our first Christmas as a married couple and probably our last Christmas in Germany before we leave for Mexico next year.

But what is most special about Christmas is not our circumstances but our Saviour Jesus Christ! He came as a light into our world and saved us from sin and death! Jesus said about Himself,

“I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” (John 8:12)

If we follow Jesus, we do not need to fear anything! He is our light and He leads us out of the darkness into His marvellous light. Therefore, we can go with confidence into a new year, even though we do not know what it will bring.

David expressed it this way in one of his psalms:

“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1)

No comments: